The Rudnicki Firm – Oklahoma City, OK
- Salary, compensation commensurate with experience
- Standard benefits offered
- In-Office, Full-Time (overtime expected)
The Job: Our firm is seeking a legal assistant with 5 to 10 years of litigation experience to join our team. The firm currently employs two legal assistants, and this position will be responsible for assisting three attorneys with heavy caseloads. While this position is based in our Oklahoma City office, our firm handles cases nationwide.
The Firm: The Rudnicki Firm is a fast-paced, growth-oriented law firm based in Oklahoma City. Our attorneys have nearly 80 years of combined litigation experience, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. The firm specializes in commercial litigation, with 90% of clientele related to the oil and gas industry. Our attorneys have decades of both “big firm” and in-house experience. We focus on providing premier-level services at client-friendly rates. Additionally, The Rudnicki Firm is a modern law firm that prides itself on being technologically advanced. We do not skimp on the resources needed to provide excellent representation to our clients.
The Right Fit:This is a unique opportunity to work with experienced attorneys in a collaborative (and fun!) team environment. Our team values individuals who are reliable, organized, passionate, self-motivated, and detail oriented. This position specifically will require problem solving, the ability to juggle many tasks at once, and a strong work ethic paired with the ability to work as a team player.
The right Legal Assistant must:
- Be an expert in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, & Adobe Acrobat.
- Be able to learn new technology and software quickly and proficiently. A skills test will be required.
- Possess 5 – 10 years of litigation experience in both state and federal courts in a law firm setting.
Additionally, the right Legal Assistant will be confident and proficient in the following:
- Prepare and file legal documents in both state and federal courts
- Prepare trial and hearing documents in both state and federal courts
- Assist attorneys in formatting and finalizing all letters, pleadings, discovery, and motions.
- Manage attorney calendars
- Docket case deadlines and manage case calendar
- Communicate with courier and other litigation support vendors
- Communicate and work well with other paralegals and legal assistants
- Record billing for matters
- Manage attorney travel and expense reporting
To apply, contact Jessica Thomas with resume and cover letter at email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Legal Assistant Cover Letter and Resume – [Your Last Name]." Please include in the body of your email the date and content of the most recent update to the local rules for the Western District of Oklahoma.