We offer exemplary representation in civil litigation to businesses. Our team has earned a reputation of experience and successful outcomes among our clients. We represent local clients in both Texas and Oklahoma, as well as regional and national businesses that are headquartered outside of this and have litigation outside of the region, handling cases across the US, in Federal and State courts.
Clients benefit from both our experience and our cost-effective approach to general litigation. We primarily focus on dispute resolution with the goal of avoiding lengthy and overly expensive litigation, but when resolution is not possible our trial team is ready to prepare for trial in a cost effective manner.
Our team's litigation experience is diverse. We generally focus litigation resulting from oil and gas companies, but have experience in other areas as well. Other general litigation cases have included: auto dealership disputes, breach of MSAs, business tort litigation, class-action suits, enforcement of noncompetition agreements and non-solicitation agreements, environmental litigation, fraudulent inducement and interference with business relationships, defense of corporate officers and directors, contract disputes, construction disputes, successor/predecessor liability disputes, trust and probate disputes, insurance and reinsurance, personal injury and medical malpractice, professional service disputes, and collections.
With 90% of our clients being in the oil and gas business, we handle all aspects of litigation and pre-litigation relating to the oil and gas industry. Below are examples of matters handled.
- Representing a working interest owner with a disputed proof of claim against bankrupt operator
- Preparing successful workout solutions, including divesting and merging of assets, as appropriate, for companies holding overriding royalty interest and/or working interest in operated wells and unproduced leasehold
- Representing a working interest owner in a claim against operator for breach of a joint operating agreement, including improper accounting under the applicable COPAS exhibit
- Representing oil and gas professionals against claims of misused trade secrets and non-compete violations resulting in a voluntary dismissal
- Representing clients accused of contaminating city aquifer and successfully prevented a suit from being filed
- Investigating field operations during drilling activities for environmental considerations
- Defending operator rights in connection with developer encroachment into drilling units in violations of easements, right of ways and unit agreements
- Filing and enforcing Oil and Gas liens for surface equipment providers
- Representing a Fortune 500 company in arbitration to enforce an indemnity provision in a purchase and sale agreement for historical liabilities
- Seeking declaratory judgment of a payout provision in a limited partnership agreement that led to a settlement prior to the discovery
- Representing limited partnerships against claims brought by limited partners
- Defending numerous asbestos cases ranging from hundreds to thousands of plaintiffs
- Serving as national counsel for a Fortune 500 case managing a docket of hundreds of single- and multi-plaintiff negligence/premises liability cases throughout the United States alleging asbestos and silica exposure for Fortune 500 companies
- Defending several benzene cases to successful resolution
- Representing a Fortune 500 tire company as part of its national discovery team preparing key company witnesses for deposition, coordinating discovery for multiple jurisdictions, attending discovery hearings, and orchestrating the review, collection and organization of more than 1 million company documents
- Representing a plastic resin supplier against claims of contaminated product sold to product manufacturer
- Representing an oil and gas product manufacturer against claims of defectively manufactured products
- Handling and advising the Eagle Ford business team as a part of a secondment to Marathon Oil Company
PERSONAL INJURY DEFENSE
The Rudnicki Firm lawyers are routinely hired to defend the most factually difficult and complex personal injury cases. Early on, we will quickly and swiftly gather the information needed to defend the claim and put together a thoughtful, candid risk-analysis. We won’t sugar coat the possible exposure. We want our clients to know from the outset the terrain and defenses and plan for handling the claim.
- Oil and gas field accidents;
- Construction accidents;
- Tractor-trailer, motor vehicle, and motorcycle accidents;
- High voltage electrical contact;
- Physical and sexual assault of adults and minors;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Loss of limb/s; and
- Fire and/or explosion accidents
While we are fearless trial lawyers and can and will take a case to trial, we understand that expensive litigation may not always be the best course for the business of our clients. As a result, we make ourselves accessible to our clients and pride ourselves on regular communication so that we can collaboratively develop and implement strategies to avoid unnecessary legal spend and curb future claims.
We have experience defending some of the most factually unique claims across a variety of industries including but not limited to:
No matter the fact pattern, we’re ready to take on the worst-of-the-worst personal injury claims and reach a resolution that is in the best interest of our client’s business.
The Rudnicki Firm is a leader in financial services litigation. Our attorneys have extensive experience representing banks, mortgage servicers, and other financial services institutions, including those specializing in account receivables management, in both individual and class action litigation.
Our attorneys provide counseling and litigation services relating to federal and state consumer protection statutes, loan servicing and collection practices, insurance matters, lending practices, and consumer credit contracts.
Part of this work includes serving as national counsel coordinating and trial counsel developing and executing litigation strategies across the United States and in various arbitration forums. In this role, our strategic approach has enabled our clients to proactively respond to regulatory changes and litigation trends, reduce legal spend, and cut their litigation dockets by more than half.
The Rudnicki Firm is also at the forefront of consumer class action litigation in the financial services industry. We have assisted clients in defending and defeating class claims across the country. Our successful track record is a result of our efforts to ensure a coordinated strategy, identify opportunities to resolve matters early, and eliminate or reduce exposure at trial.
As litigators our primary focus is on early case assessment to develop strategies that address our clients’ needs including avoiding lengthy and overly expensive litigation. But in this highly regulated area we also strive to provide our clients guidance in adapting to the ever-changing legal and regulatory landscape. This dual-approach enables our clients to position themselves in the best way to avoid and defend against a wide array of claims.